Wednesday 14 November 2012

While we wait...

Today I popped in to Durban Child Welfare just to show my face and see if maybe anyone had any news for me - nothing yet. I met one of the social worker that I had only spoken to on the phone. A tiny little women with a very kind smile. She suggested that I call Stanger Child Welfare and see if they have received the list of available babies from Durban - I will do this tomorrow.  It seems cheeky and you need to tread carefully - no one likes to feel like they are being rushed and you have to remain sensitive to this while being true to yourself.

We do all sorts of things while we wait. One of the coolest things happening at the moment is that my 89 year old Oupa is knitting a blanket for Lucy. My mom is giving him guidelines and keeping an eye on his work - but he is knitting that blanket and it is SO precious to see.

What a blessing! My Oupa has the strongest hands, when I was little I thought he had the biggest hands in the whole world.  I just know we will treasure this forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment