Monday 12 November 2012

Finally Some Progress

On the 14th of August this year after sending a desperate sms to my friend Jonelle saying help I am not getting anywhere with this adoption thing no-one is getting back to me - don't know what to do....moan....whine....help me....bla bla -  she must have phoned our friend Cristy and all within the hour Cristy phoned me back and - the conversation went something like this:  Cristy "YAY YAY - Lets get together have some coffee and I'll tell you everything I know....."  Me   "Ok how about today?"   Done - an hour later we were sipping coffee on Windermere Rd and wiping away some tears. Cristy put me on the road to how, who and where, and before I knew it I was following her down the road to Durban Children's home and waiting to see a social worker!  

Everyone needs a Cristy (and a Jonelle) and this is some of what is wrote in my diary that night.


Dear Baby

Today I made the first real step towards bringing your into our lives.  I have been trying to meet with a social worker for the last few weeks and have not been successful. I met up with a friend by the name of Cristy and she gave me the run down and told me who I should phone and what I should do. I feel much better this evening and I think that we are well on the way to bringing you home. We have waited a very long time for you and I cannot believe that you may be right here where I am sitting typing this letter in the next few months – it is quiet a wonderful thought to me and I am feeling rather overwhelmed. Glad you can’t see me sniffing and snorting you would think your future Mum was a rather strange Dollybird.


XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment