Wednesday 12 December 2012

Recipe for Pure Bliss...


If someone could have described to me the feeling of putting a baby in your car, driving home and taking that baby out of your car, then telling him that he is HOME now and then watching him settle in – I would have done this many years ago.  If I could bottle this feeling, brand it “PURE Joy” and sell it, I would be a Billionaire. A few years ago if you had asked me what I would do with all that money the answer would have been very different, today the answer is – “I would adopt a lot more children – A LOT more!”

I got there to fetch Max after lunch sometime and he was having his nap so I sat and spoke to Ruth’s children outside. Ruth has adopted 4 children and these kids are probably some of the coolest kids I have ever met in my life. Tom was with them and Ruth has begun to speak to him about the future and how Rog & I wanted to be his Mom and Dad and how he can always call her Mom if that’s what he wanted to do. I am totally fine with this; to share the title of “Mom” with Ruth would be an honour in my books.

She said that he got very clingy through and after the conversation but that today he started taking about his Mom and Dad and that he was referring to us! Today when I got there he wanted to come home with me and clung onto my leg and when I gave the other kids attention he actually even came and held onto me and said “MY mommy!” in a rather cheeky way.

Back to Ruth’s amazing adopted kids. Their names are Siya, Mary, Jake and Simon. Ruth lives upstairs with her family and uses downstairs for the other children. Jake and Tom are big buddies and Jake is coming back with Tom with the weekend – I am fetching them on Friday. Jake tells me that Tom needs to take a certain DVD from the family collection cause its his favourite and he should have it and gave me a few other little nuggets of advice for his friend Tom. Jake wanted to know if we would visit lots and I said of course we would – that we would be like cousins.  Jake then piped up “Yes, we could be adopted cousins!” I agreed that they would always be our adopted nephews and nieces and that he could call us Aunty Haley and Uncle Rog – he was delighted with this!

Jake then told me that he was packing tomorrow so that if I came really early on Friday he would be ready!!! (It like that have been scripted to say the coolest things – now I know why God loves children SO much!). Tom looked very torn seeing Max leaving with me and got very clingy and literally wrapped himself around my legs like a koala. I had to peel him off and promise to come early on Friday and eventually he let me leave. They all said bye to Max and gave him lots of hugs and kisses.

I drove off with Max and because I had been very brave in front of the other children emotions just came over me like a flood, I cried most of the way through Verulum and got it together just before the toll rd. (Don’t worry is was a quiet, don’t scare the baby happy cry – but I did get a few strange looks and I wondered whether anyone though I have stolen him, HA HA the mind plays tricks…:)

We got home just in time for fun and games before bath time. I discovered that Max loves it when you jump out from around a corner and scare him, he cracks up in fits of laughter and instead of running away from you tries to catch you – it is so cute! We played catches and playdo and ball games and even had time to squeeze in a remote speech therapy assessment via iPhone FACETIME.

My friend Sarah lives in London and is a Speech Therapist – her research has been published and is on “orphans and language development”, so we have some rather good connections in that department! Max is almost 2 and not speaking but according to Sarah there is nothing to worry about and he should catch up completely within the next year. She gave me some amazing pointers so we are going to work hard on that.

Rog got home and hopped in the bath with Max – that was fun and games and I loved watching them! Rog thinks that we have the cutest baby in the world and so do I – now we finally know how other parents feel. 

Things get even more fun on Friday when I fetch our big boy Tom and his “cousin buddy” Jake! Good Times Ahead!

Thank you Lord for this amazing blessing.

xxx


13 comments:

  1. Hayley! What a wonderful, emotional happy day you have had. Enjoyed reading your blog this evening and keeping up with you journey into Motherhood.

    X Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time for you and Rog, Haley! It's going to be a very special Christmas, no doubt. Loving reading your blog updates and seeing the photos - very heartwarming :) Nat

    ReplyDelete
  3. max and tom have to be two of the luckiest boys alive to have found you and rog...no doubt you will think just the opposite... enjoy each other and may you all have loads of fun and laughter always. until the next update, much love - jean
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your story Haley. Its so lovely to pop over and join your new family for a visit! Congratulations on Max, look forward to seeing Tom's homecoming on Friday. Blessings, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot tell you how happy I am for both of you. I shed a couple of tears reading your post (happy ones). Your lives will never be the same again (in a very very good way).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Haley! Your post made me speechless... have fun, enjoy, soak it all in!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne - hope you guys had a lovely Christmas and New Year - must catch up soon xxx

      Delete