Tuesday 5 February 2013

Big Birthday Mistake!

Try having this conversation with your child.

“Baby you know the other day we had your party and you turned 5 and you got all those presents…” mmm Yes Mom – “Well… there was a mistake on some of your paperwork and you are still only 4 baby – your real bday is only in October not January” Why Mom? “Because people make mistakes baby and this time it is a good mistake because that means that you get TWO birthdays in one year this year – two birthdays and two parties and maybe even another present” WOOWWW Mom that’s so cool!

I felt like an absolute fraud leading him to believe that such a mistake could ever be cool but what choice did I have? How completely un-cool for this to happen – how can a mistake of such magnitude be made and only discovered years later. His birth certificate indicated that he was born on 06/01 when in fact it is on 06/10. I found this on his Road to Health card and will need to get his birth certificate corrected.

The bible says “For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother’s womb” Psalm 139.13 - so I have to believe that He ordained the days that these children where born. We will celebrate that day and do what it takes to correct this mistake!

I sat at dinner that night and I asked Tom to tell his Dad how old he was. He looked down and said “I am STILL 4!” in the cutest, most irritated voice and we all laughed!  It is good to have a sense of humor about these things otherwise life would be very dull and very sad most of the time!

Good on you little Tom – you and Max are my Heros!

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment